We have heard of some amazing work being done by great licensees for their communities over the last week, including many selfless and charitable works. Long may they continue!
In the meantime, here are some ideas that rural pubs could consider to support their community whilst keeping themselves and their staff in business for the next few months:
- Provision of takeaway food meals and drinks
- Delivering hot food and drinks to vulnerable households who are self-isolating
- Arranging grocery supplies from the pub’s normal suppliers, available by box collection – ‘call and collect’
- Providing external storage facilities such as fridges containing essential items such as milk, bread eggs and butter
- Acting as a temporary village store where no other facilities exist
- Providing a real (not virtual) village notice board or message exchange service for residents
- Hosting prescription supplies, renewals or delivery of medical items
- Hosting virtual online chats, bingo or quiz nights
We will continue to add more as we hear of them and if you have any great suggestions please contact us in the usual way.