WIN a pair of tickets to the premiere with Pub is The Hub on Tuesday 6th March in Manchester.
A community gets together to save its local pub in a new feel-good British film opening in cinemas next Friday, 9 March.
Walk Like A Panther revolves around a group of ‘80s wrestlers who are forced to don the lycra one last time when their beloved local pub is threatened by closure. Led by father-son duo, Mark and Trevor Bolton, this unlikely bunch of underdog heroes sets out to save their community, rekindling old friendships and family ties along the way.
Pub is The Hub is offering a pair of tickets to the star-studded premiere in at the VUE Manchester Printworks on the evening of Tuesday 6 March through its Facebook page this Friday and Saturday.
Winners of the tickets will get to see BAFTA Award nominee Stephen Graham (Pirates of the Caribbean: Salazar’s Revenge, “Boardwalk Empire”), British Independent Film Award winner Dave Johns (I, Daniel Blake) and Jill Halfpenny (“Humans,” “EastEnders”).
The ensemble British cast also includes Sue Johnston (“Downton Abbey,” “The Royle Family”), Lindsey Coulson (“EastEnders,” “The Level”), Julian Sands (The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, “Crooked House”), Jason Flemyng (upcoming Mystery of the Iron Mask: Journey to China, Snatch), Stephen Tompkinson (“Wild at Heart”, “DCI Banks”), Michael Socha (“This is England ‘90,” “Once Upon a Time”) and hip hop artist/poet Scroobius Pip (King Arthur: Legend of the Sword, “Taboo”).
Walk Like A Panther is directed by Dan Cadan, making his feature film debut from his own original screenplay and he was particularly keen to work with Pub is The Hub in promoting the film. He said: “Pub is The Hub are committed to the necessity of community life. Not only bringing people together but keeping them together.
“I have observed the demise of the great British pub, it’s very sad but one good thing has come from it – like minded, caring people are now passing the baton between their communities in an attempt to support their local.
“Pub is The Hub, like the Panthers, have got your back.”
John Longden, Chief Executive of Pub is The Hub added: “We were thrilled to be asked to be involved in the launch of this film, I’m sure that the story will resonate with many of the community pubs in the UK.”
Winners of the two tickets would need to arrive at VUE Manchester Printworks cinema in Manchester by 6.45pm on Tuesday 6th March and the film starts at 7.20pm with members of the cast and crew in attendance.
Go to www.facebook.co.uk/pubisthehub to find out how to enter.
For the film trailer click here.
Terms & Conditions:
- PUB IS THE HUB is the competition promoter
- Please note this competition is open to UK residents only.
- The competition will close on 12midday Saturday 3rd March 2018
- The winner is required to be 15 or over.
- If the winner is under the age of 18 they MUST use their other ticket to take an adult or guardian over the age of 18.
- To enter, users must comment on the competition Facebook Post here.
- Prize for 2 (two) winners is 2 (two) tickets to the UK premiere of Walk Like a Panther at VUE Manchester Printworks on Tuesday 6th March 2018
- The winner will be picked at random from all comments and will be contacted via Facebook by PUB IS THE HUB
- The name, email address and contact number of the winner will be requested for prize fulfilment and may be passed to a third party provider for prize arrangement. The winner will then be notified of further details of the premiere for Walk Like a Panther
- The Winner must respond accepting the prize within 24 hours from the time of notification, failure to do so will result in their prize becoming void and the competition promoter will have the option to pick another winner from the pool of valid entries.
- Inability to attend on this date immediately forfeits the prize and a new winner will be selected.
- Winners will need to arrive by 18:45pm on Tuesday 6th March 2018
- If the winner arrives late they may be refused entry to the premiere.
- The prize does NOT include travel or accommodation nor does it cover any additional costs.
- In the unlikely event the premiere of Walk Like a Panther is cancelled this means the prize will be void.
- There is no cash alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part of parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- By entering, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purpose of the administration of this prize draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.